Thursday, April 28, 2016

Farewell to Stickman's Corral

This will be my last post at Stickman's Corral.

I recently built a new website and all future blogging activity will be hosted here: grantmcdermott.github.io

The move has been a while coming. I'd been maintaining several different web portals -- this blog, a Google Sites page, a GitHub account, the odd WordPress account -- all of which ended up becoming redundant and confusing. The new website collapses all of these disparate strands into a single entity. I intend for it to serve as both my professional webpage and a repository for any future blog posts.

I have also migrated/copied all of the old posts from this blog (including comments) over to the new website. The full range of discussions will be preserved there even as I no longer maintain this blog.

Still, it does feel like the end of a (mini) era. Stickman's ended up showing much greater stamina than I ever envisaged when first hitting the "create" button back in 2010. The dearth of recent posts notwithstanding, it has basically served as a travelogue of my journey through grad school and beyond. Along the way I've learnt a lot, enjoyed many great discussions, fed the odd troll, emigrated several times, managed to earn a PhD (probably should have mentioned that on the blog), got a new job (ditto) and even started a family (ditto).

I want to thank everyone that has ever taken the time to read something that I have posted here, or has been compelled to leave a comment of their own. I hope that you will be encouraged to do the same at my new website and please let me know if anything looks out of place.

See ya around.
G.M.

No comments: