Thursday, October 20, 2011

Cover Thursdays - Ni' Zilund edition

In search for a unifying theme for this week's Cover Thursdays post, I suppose that I can do no better than tip my hat to the Rugby World Cup in New Zealand. Options for Kiwi bands are fairly limited -- let alone covers decent thereof -- but I think that I've got two songs here that you will enjoy...

First up, a very nice find by The Primate (keep up the good work, meneer). Boy & Bear get kinda bluegrassy on Crowded House's "Fall at Your Feet":



Next, The Naked & Famous see their synth-drenched "Punching In A Dream" given the ol' acoustic guitar and xylophone treatment by Antipodean fellows The Mission In Motion:



PS - If you are confused by the subject line of this post, then I suggest heading here for a little exercise in the Kiwi vernacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No anonymous comments please. (Pseudonyms are fine.)