Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Coffee drinkers and energy subsidies

Busy times over here with term papers due, TA work and finishing up some revisions for my current working paper. (Referee comments were pretty favourable, so I'm quietly confident.) Still, here's something that I wrote for the Recon Hub blog earlier today: Of caffeine and energy subsidies.

As the title suggests, I draw an ingenious[*] parallel between coffee drinkers and energy producers of the world. Or, at least, I try to ask the question of whether per-energy-unit subsidies are more important than the absolute level of subsidies? This is an important issue that often gets brought up the renewables vs fossil fuels debate... Get the answers here!
___
[*] Open to interpretation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No anonymous comments please. (Pseudonyms are fine.)